- Residence Halls
- Maple, Willow, Larch
- Richardson Court Area (Oak, Elm, Freeman, Barton, Birch, Welch, Roberts, Lyon, Linden)
- Buchanan, Geoffroy
- Union Drive Area (Friley, Helser, Martin, Eaton)
- Wallace, Wilson
- Frederiksen Court
- SUV (Schilletter and University Village)
- Commuter Parking
- Lots 29, 68 and 119
- Vet Med Lots 93, 94, 94A, 94B
- Iowa State Center Lots
- Free daily parking in lots (B3, C3, C4, C5, D3, D4, D5)
- No overnight parking allowed
- Access to free Cyride #23 campus route
- Motorcycle Parking
- Permits are required in Residence Hall lots all hours all days
- Must have a permit and park in designated areas on campus
- Medical Parking
- An ISU permit is required to park in residence hall lots and anywhere on ISU campus
- Must have a DOT Medical permit
The Parking Portal is our new online parking management system. Anyone with a NetID should already have an account activated with their name and address, generated from Workday and AccessPlus.
If you experience any issues logging in, please contact ISU parking at 515-294-3388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nov 4: ISU Football vs KU: Stadium permit holders must move their vehicles to campus prior to midnight before home football games. See Weekend Campus Map.
- Nov 18: ISU Football vs TX: Stadium permit holders must move their vehicles to campus prior to midnight before home football games. See Weekend Campus Map.
News & Updates
List of current parking permit prices.
Daily Passes for Faculty/Staff
Virtual daily General Staff parking passes are now available through the ISU Parking Portal for ISU Faculty and Staff who don't have a yearly permit. The passes are $2/day and you can pay with credit card or payroll deduction. The physical daily scratch permits are still available at the Parking Office for those who would like to continue using those.
Commuter permits available
Since we had quite a few students return and exchange permits, we were able to open up some spaces for some of the commuter lots. Please login to the ISU Parking Portal to see what is available to you. If you would like to exchange a permit, please call at 515-294-3388 or email the parking office at email@example.com
Parking on ISU Campus
All vehicles are required to pay for meter or have permits to park on campus and in residence hall lots. Students can purchase a permit online through the ISU Parking Portal. Those who decide not to purchase a permit have to option to pay for space in a pay lot or metered space. Students can also park at the Iowa State Center Lots and ride the CyRide bus for free. For more information about where to park and how to pay for meters, click here.
Effective July 1, 2023
Meters and pay areas will increase to $1.50 per hour beginning July 1, 2023. For more information about Meters and other pay areas on campus click here
Effective August 1, 2023
Failing to pay at a meter, pay lot, or any other infraction worth $15, will be increasing to $20 per citation. Improperly Parking, defined here, will be increasing from $25 to $30. Find the full list of fines here
Vehicle/License Plate Change
Effective July 1, 2023
If a vehicle was added or a license plate was changed after the initial purchase of the virtual permit, the permit holder will need to update their Parking Portal accordingly and then call the ISU Parking Division at (515)-294-3388 in order to link the new vehicle / license plate to the account.
A license plate is required to purchase a permit
In order to purchase a parking permit, you must provide a current and valid license plate number for the vehicle that will be displaying the permit. This information will help the parking division serve you better and prevent you from receiving parking tickets if your permit isn't being displayed correctly.