- Smart Cards
- Pay by Phone/ParkMobile
- Online Forms
- Medical Permits
- Construction Contractor Parking
- Tickets / Citations
- Maps / Times
- Cyclone Tailgating
- About Us
- Ames Intermodal Facility
- Student Employment Application
- Transportation Advisory Council
- ISU Police Division
The appeals process is designed to accommodate special circumstances after receiving a citation.
To File an Appeal
You may write your rationale for appealing the citation on the Citation Appeal Form available in the DPS Parking Division office or below. The appeal will then be read and considered by the independent Traffic Appeals Board. Notification of the decision will be sent by mail or email. Allow up 24 hours for citation to upload to appeal.
Citations must be appealed within 75 days of the ticket being written. The citation is not available to be appealed after 75 days. After a final decision of the Traffic Appeals Board, you may request an administrative hearing in writing or in person.
Traffic Appeals Board
The Traffic Appeals Board reads and rules on appeals of parking citations issued by the Parking Division. The members of the Traffic Appeals Board consist of representatives from the various employee groups as follows:
- One member from the Supervisory and Confidential staff
- Two members from merit staff
- Two members of the Professional and Scientific staff
- Two members of the Faculty
- 2 student representatives appointed by the GSB