- Residence Halls
- Maple, Willow, Larch
- Richardson Court Area (Oak, Elm, Freeman, Barton, Birch, Welch, Roberts, Lyon, Linden)
- Buchanan, Geoffroy
- Union Drive Area (Friley, Helser, Martin, Eaton)
- Wallace, Wilson
- Frederiksen Court
- SUV (Schilletter and University Village)
- Commuter Parking
- Lots 29, 68 and 119
- Vet Med Lots 93, 94, 94A, 94B
- Iowa State Center Lots
- Free daily parking in lots A3, A4, B4, B5, B6
- No overnight parking allowed
- Access to free Cyride #23 campus route
- Motorcycle Parking
- Permits are required in Residence Hall lots all hours all days
- Must have a permit and park in designated areas on campus
- Medical Parking
- An ISU permit is required to park in residence hall lots and anywhere on ISU campus
- Must have a DOT Medical permit
News & Updates
- Commuter Waiting List open for submissions
- Dec 12-15- Final Exams
- Dec 16- Fall Semester ends
- Dec 19- Winter Session begins
- Dec 23-31- Parking Office will be closed
- Commuter Waiting List open for submissions until January 26, 2023
- Jan 2- University Holiday- Parking Office will be closed
- Jan 13- Winter Session ends
- Jan 16- University Holiday- Parking office will be closed
- Jan 17- Spring Semester begins
- Jan 26- Drawing for Commuter waiting List at 9:00 am
- Jan 27- Selected Students from Commuter Waiting List can purchase permits at Parking Division office.
List of current parking permit prices.
Stalls counts to determine open spaces will begin January 17, 2023. Any available spaces will be awarded by a drawing. The waiting list form is currently open for submissions until January 26, 2023 at 9:00 am.
The drawings will be held Thursday, January 26, 2023 at 9:00 am. You will be notified by email if your name was selected. Beginning Friday, January 27, 2023, you may visit the Parking Division Office during regular office hours to pick up your permit. Permits will NOT be available before January 27. Any permits left unclaimed after Tuesday January 31 will go to the next person on the list. If you are selected and have already purchased a Lot 68 or Lot 119 permit, you may exchange it for a lot 29 if there are spaces available.
If selected you will have the choice between Lot 29 (North of Molecular Biology Building), Lot 68 (North of Power Plant), Lot 119 (West of Frederiksen Court) depending on availability.
For more information please see the Commuter Permits page.
Parking on ISU Campus
All vehicles are required to pay for meter or have permits to park on campus and in residence hall lots. Students will need to visit the Parking Office to purchase their permit over the counter if they haven't already purchased a permit online. Those who decide not to purchase a permit have to option to pay for space in a pay lot or metered space. Students can also park at the Iowa State Center Lots and ride the CyRide bus for free. For more information about where to park and how to pay for meters, click here.
Towers Lot 61- available for purchase over the counter at the Parking Division, 27 Armory Building. They will be sold on a first come first serve basis.
112N and Stadium- available now over the counter at the Parking Division until sold out.
Effective October 1, a license plate is required to purchase a permit
In order to purchase a parking permit, you must provide a current and valid license plate number for the vehicle that will be displaying the permit. This information will help the parking division serve you better and prevent you from receiving parking tickets if your permit isn't being displayed correctly.