Disability parking makes offices, classes and campus activities accessible to those with medical conditions.
ISU medical permits can be obtained from room 27 Armory. Requests for permits must be accompanied with a letter from a doctor on office letterhead explaining the injury, the need for the permit and the estimated duration of the need not to exceed 6 months. After the initial 6 months, a faculty or staff member or a student must present a current valid department of transportation parking permit for persons with disabilites to renew the campus permit. The information can be faxed to 294-6586.
ISU medical permits are valid in the following areas:
- Medical spaces with the exception of personalized stalls
- The North side of Osborne drive, from Lagomarcino to the Armory
- Metered spaces; no payment required for up to 2 hours
- General Staff lots
- Vendor Stalls for up to 2 hours
- Loading Zones for up to 2 hours
ISU medical permits are needed in addition to and Department of Transportation issued permit.
The fine for illegal parking in a medical stall is $200. These stalls are enforced 24-hours a day, every day.
If you have any questions regarding medical permits, please call (515) 294-3388.