The appeals process is designed to accommodate special circumstances after receiving a citation.
To File an Appeal
You may write your rationale for appealing the citation on the Citation Appeal Form available in the DPS Parking Division office or below. The appeal will then be read and considered by the independent Traffic Appeals Board. Notification of the decision will be sent by mail or email.
Within 15 days after a final decision of the Traffic Appeals Board, you may request an administrative hearing in writing or in person.
Traffic Appeals Board
The Traffic Appeals Board reads and rules on appeals of parking citations issued by the Parking Division. The members of the Traffic Appeals Board consist of representatives from the various employee groups as follows:
- One member from the Supervisory and Confidential staff
- Two members from merit staff, one each recommended by the AFSCME union locals 870 and 96
- Two members of the Professional and Scientific staff
- Two members of the Faculty
- 2 student representatives appointed by the GSB